Friday 20 November 2020

T4 Skateboarding 2020

 Morena bloggers!

This morning, Hauraki had their first skateboarding lesson. We had 2 coaches: Ben and Lawrence. It was super fun.

First, we did some learning about how to position yourself when on the skateboard. After that, we had to ride from one end of the court to the other. That was enjoyable. Then, we finally started learning some skateboard tricks...

We had to split up into 2 groups. I was put in Lawrence's group. We did some basic tricks such as: Tic Tacs, Crab walk, jumping onto the skateboard, there were so many tricks we learnt! One of my favourites was the tricks on the grass. You put the skateboard upside down then put both of your feet under it. Then you jump, flipping the skateboard and landing on it. It was very cool. I also liked the other one where you put the skateboard on its side. You stand infront of the skateboard facing backwards, then you jump, again, flipping the skateboard and you land on it. This is called the Back Willy flip. Its quite easy when you practice often. During the lesson, we also did a game called Whats up wolf pack? Its basically the same as Green light, Red light but with skateboards. I really enjoyed playing that game.

Today was fun and I can't wait for the next lesson. Thank you for reading me blogpost, i hope you enjoyed and learned a few tricks too. Have a lovely weekend, blog ya later!







1 comment:

  1. Hi there, my name is Josie and I am a Year 4 in Te Ana Ako at Waikowhai School. I really like how you told us what you learnt about skateboarding. It made me think about my class going skateboarding. Have you thought about making sense under on you last sentence? If you would like to see my learning, my class blog is http://wpsteanaako.blogspot.co.nz.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.