Sunday 5 April 2020

Jigsaw Puzzles

Kia ora bloggers!

You wouldn't believe what my family did. We completed a puzzle that contained 500 pieces... in 1 NIGHT. It only took us a few hours to complete it. The finished picture showed a store with so much signs. In front of the store, there was a blue (with a mix of green) truck. It had 2 pumpkins, one cabbage and A LOT of potatoes in it. There was also another car parked next to the shop. It was red with a cat sleeping on top of it. There was so much animals, there were: cows, squirrels, dogs, cats, chickens, and different types of birds. The sky was filled with different colours. It looked really nice. 

The other puzzle me and my family completed, was a 1000 piece puzzle. We just completed it today. It turned out to look like a city with tons of red roof'. There was a lake with a bridge that crossed over. Mountains were placed in the background with a beautiful sky filled with different colours. The bottom half was the hardest to figure out. This puzzle was actually my mum's. It was her birthday present for last year. 

It was so fun, we did struggle a bit but it was worth it. The puzzle with 500 pieces was from our neighbours. They gave us another one to figure out, it was a 1000 piece puzzle. I can't wait to start on it, the excitement keeps on building up. I hope you guys enjoyed reading. In your free time, please leave a comment. Bye!!!
Completed

Uncompleted

Puzzle lid

Completed
500 piece puzzle

9 comments:

  1. Hey Rael! How r u? I'm Aamena from Manukau. Wow! Great blog post! You've been doing a lot of puzzling I can't believe you did a 500 piece puzzle. I am very shocked of how you did 1000 pieces of puzzeles. Great Job you finished it today. Keep up the amazing work! Thanks for commenting on my blog. Vist my blog on wpsaamenas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Rael, what a fabulous way to pass the time during lock down. Jigsaw puzzles are a great family activity, you're all working towards achieving a common goal! I particularly like the puzzle that is the image of the general store - I like the colours and that fact that there is a cute dog behind the blue truck and a cute cat on top of the red truck.
    Do you have a strategy when you start your jigsaws, eg. do you start by finding the edges or do you look for similar colours?
    I've been completing jigsaws too, but mine are on my iPad because we don't have any physical ones at home.
    Keep on having fun, and continue to write your blog posts, they are going to be a wonderful way of remembering this time at home. (Remember to check that all of your images are orientated the right way before posting). Great work Rael!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My family like to do the edges first, then we do the most easiest parts. At the end, we do the hard parts.
      Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
    2. Ah-ha, I see we have the same jigsaw strategy Rael, I always start with the edges too! I am so impressed with your blog posts, and with the amount of comments you are leaving on other people's blogs - that is so encouraging and helpful to them, thank you!

      Delete
  3. Wow Rael you and your family have been busy! I love the jigsaw puzzles you have completed, they are very busy and colourful. I took home some of the puzzles in Te Waka Ako. We weren't sure if all of the pieces were there, so one way to find out is to complete them! So far I have completed a 500 piece puzzle of Australian animals that Ms Sands reckons is 20 years old. I was very relieved to say that all of the pieces were there. Next Kya and I have start the one with the girl holding a small dragon. We are only halfway so I will let you know if there are any missing from that one...I hope not!
    Continue being an awesome blogger and commenter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rael, its Angelina from Waitemata.
    Doing jigsaw puzzles is the perfect thing to do while in lockdown. Wow!! I can't believe that you did a ...500 piece puzzle AND a 1000 piece.😱 I don't really think that i would have the patience to wait for hours trying to figure out where it all goes. I really hope you guys are having a good time in lockdown.
    Stay home and stay safe!
    Kind regards Angelina
    If you can visit my blog
    http://wpsangelinac.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure will check out your blog, Angelina.
      Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  5. Kia Ora Rael! Those puzzles look so detailed! How long did it take? Did you do it on your own or with someone else? What was your favourite puzzle? Me and my family have done things, like drawing around each other with chalk out the front of our house, doing scavenger hunts inside and outside, finding things around and inside our house that starts with the letters in the alphabet, doing randomiser activities. One of them was wash the car, we had to get a small toy car and get a wet flannel and was the car. Another one was 30 minutes on the XBox. Then a few days later my Mum and Dad stayed up all night and played Forza Horizon 4, and agreed to create me and Leeya our own profile on Forza Horizon 4. It was so much fun.

    Blog you later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the comment, Maddi!
      It seems like you are having fun. Me and my family stayed up late at night to watch 'Captain America- Civil War' last night.
      Thank you again for the comment, Bye

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.