Sunday 12 April 2020

Baking Beauty

 Hey bloggers!
This week, we finally got some flour. We started baking on Wednesday. We made lots of delicious foods. Me, Josie and Mum made them. I had the job of sifting the dry ingredients. I also had the job of whisking the milk powder and water together.

WEDNESDAY - Apricot Choc Chip cake!
We put some vanilla ice cream on the side


of the cake. The picture on the left is
what it looked like when it was finished.
The picture on the right is me
mixing the dry ingredirents together.

THURSDAY - Waffles!
We made the batter and poured some of it into the waffle maker. 
We tasted the first batch, we needed to add more flour. After we put more flour in, we put some of it into the waffle maker again. It tasted a lot like pancakes. (We fogot to take photos of the waffles)

FRIDAY - Chocolate biscuits!
It was a chocolate flavoured base, with melted chocolate chips. We made about thirty of them. There were so much, that we had to squish some of them into little gaps on the tray. 

SATURDAY - Cheese scones!
We put grated cheese in the mixture. Then we put some extra cheese on the top of each scone. It was nice and cheesy. Some of us cut it in half and put some butter in it.


TODAY - Banana cake!
Me and the girls are going to make a banana cake today. 
My brother says rotten bananas would make the cake sweeter.

I was really excited when I heard that we were going to be baking. I like baking because I get to learn more things and recipes. Thanks for reading my blog post. I hoped you enjoyed. You should have a go making these. They are delicious. Please give me some feedback in a comment. Enjoy the rest of your day!

7 comments:

  1. Wow Rael what fabulous baking! I think i might need to buy a waffle maker they sound delicious. It is great that you are finding fun (and yum) things to do as a family. For a special treat Madi made chocolate chip pancakes for us this morning. Kya made enchiladas for our dinner too! I am feeling rather spoilt but I might need to get some more exercise with all of this lockdown food. Keep up that fantastic blogging, i wonder what your family will get up to next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talofa Rael, Happy Easter to you and all your family! Well it looks like you have been extremely busy for the last few days. All you people discovering your baking skills during this lockdown, don't forget to 'share' your learning with the teachers when we eventually return to school - we'd love some of these recipes in the staffroom :-)
    Have you considered writing these recounts as procedures instead, so that other people could follow them easily at home? I think my favourite recipe would be the cheese scones one...ummm.
    I'll look forward to your next blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Rael that's a lot of baking! They all look delicious. I have a waffle maker to. Today I am going to make some waffles. Me and my sister have also been doing some baking yesterday we made chocolate chip cookies. An we made brownies. Today my brother is making Pork Buns They look yum.
    Have a nice day
    Angelina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Rael, it's awesome to see your blog post.Looks like you are having fun baking with your family. We also had trouble finding flour and now that we have found some we are also busy baking.Maybe we should exchange some recipes? Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, the above comment was me, I had forgotten to add my username :)

      Delete
  5. Hello Rael,you have done a great job with the baking.
    Those choclate biscuts look good!!
    Keep up the great work!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.