Tuesday 31 March 2020

My Poppa's Birthday!!!

Talofa everyone,
I hope you guys have had an awesome day. Yesterday was my poppa's birthday! He turned 70 years old and we celebrated it by using this app named 'zoom'. You could video chat others on 'zoom' so it is very helpful during the weeks of lock-down. Me, Josie, Travis and my Mum made up a dance for him to present on his birthday. We planned to wear these samoan outfits for the day. It was black with gold patterns on it. The dance we danced to was a samoan dance talking about the ocean and the sea. My 2 uncles were on 'zoom' also, they prepared a cake for him. They are a part of poppa's bubble. My 2 cousins and my aunty were on 'zoom' too.

Everyone wore the same outfits, the boys wore shirts and pants. 3 of the girls wore samoan dresses and the other 3 wore pule tasi'. On 'zoom' we each said a little speech and we sung 'Happy Birthday' to him, we also prayed for him. It was a really great time and I had a lot of fun.

Have an awesome time at home, make sure to be kind and stay safe.
Tofa!!!




😁😀😁

2 comments:

  1. Far out you guys are awesome. It sounds like you really made the most of the situation you all found yourselves in. That is sooooo cool. I love the outfits and the fact you created a dance for your Poppa, he must have had tears in his eyes and been super proud. Zoom is proving to be a great platform for people to see each other. I love reading your blog posts Rael. Keep up the awesome connecting with others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rael, what an amazing experience and I'm sure your poppa loved it! I like how your included some fantastic details about your culture in your post. It reminded me of speaking to my mum and my sister in England last week. We didn't do any dancing though, just talking. I look forward to seeing the work that you share on your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.