Tuesday 21 April 2020

Anzac Day Craft

Fakaalofa lahi atu everyone,
This week I planned to do something for Anzac Day. I decided to make a cross surrounded by poppies.

Anzac activity:
I made this cross out of sticks. I cut a bottle near the bottom and filled it with some dirt. Then I put the cross into it, and put letter stickers on the bottle. I used the stickers to make the words 'Lest we FORGET'. I wanted to add something to it so I printed out some poppies and coloured them in. I used a pin to hold it down into the dirt. I made this in 2-3 days. My sister did the same thing as me but she used the top of the bottle for the base.
We decorated it by putting different coloured pins around the cross. It was REALLY fun.

This was placed beside
the front door.
Anzac biscuits:
Me, Josie, Travis and Dad went for a walk. When we came back we found out that my Mum was baking some Anzac biscuits. She put some chocolate chips in it but then it melted and it made the biscuit brownish. They were delicious.

Anzac day is coming up so here is a link to a google drawing with the history about the ANZAC'S. Have a great day, bye bloggers!!!

9 comments:

  1. Another exemplary blog post Rael. What a lovely idea with a range of steps that you completed. Will you get up at 6am and listen to the Radio service on Anzac Day? I will because I nearly always go to the dawn services each year so will miss that. Anzac biscuits are my favourite, as you probably know, so I will definitely be making some. Go girls you are rocking lockdown learning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Ms Sands!
      To answer your question, yes. We might even stand outside our house and listen to the Radio service on Anzac day.
      Thanks again for the comment!

      Delete
  2. Talofa Rael, I love the craft you made! It is really nice and it good to see you doing creativity. I like it how you made it with your little sister and how you described it. What else have you made? Over all you have done an Awesome job on this blogpost! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't done anything else for Anzac Day but I want to do some more research on it.
      Thanks for the comment Rudy!!!
      😎😉😁

      Delete
  3. Hi Rael, your ANZAC craft is very eyecatching and thoughtfully made. I like the way you wrote those words that we all know, 'lest we forget', as they remind us that we should always take time to remember those who fought for our freedom.
    Where did you get the craft idea? Did you see it somewhere or was it your own idea?
    The Prime Minister suggested today, that as many people as possible stand at their letterbox, or at the edge of their property, at 6am on ANZAC day since there can't be any dawn services this year.
    Stay safe and well in your bubble, taking care of one another each day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mrs Paterson,
      I thought of the idea myself. I wanted to reuse the bottle for something but also use the things in my backyard.
      Thanks again!

      Delete
  4. Hi Rael it's Daniel.
    I really liked that you shared about ANZAC day. By the way I can't access the Google Drawing. Have you shared it correctly? The ANZAC biscuits must of been a nice surprise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that, I will check it some time today.
      Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  5. Hi Rael. I like how you made poppies. I also like how you added some pictures. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.